There are several ways to contextualise assessment resources to suit the needs of learners. The method you choose will be dependent on various factors and on whether you develop your own resources or use a commercial supplier, but the goal is to provide for the needs of learners in the most time efficient and cost effective way.
You will generally plan the changes you want to make, make them, then publish the updated assessments.
If you purchase commercial resources there are some things you'll need to consider before starting a customisation project:
- Can you make changes directly to the assessment resources?
- Can you work with the resources you buy to make them unique to your organisation?
- Do you have a copyright or licencing agreement to do so?
- Do you have the programs/ applications, time and staff you need?
- Can you produce and publish the contextualised version?
Sometimes you might not have the time to make changes or to have your trainers/ assessors make the changes you need.
- Can you work with your resource supplier or partner to create contextualised assessments that are customised to meet your needs?
- Will your resource provider publish the contextualisations for you?
- How much extra will it cost?
- Do you need to provide a print ready file or can updates be made on your behalf?
smallprint and Catapult eLearning assessment resources can be edited using our Editable Assessment Tool, which allows you to make changes and publish your own unique resource version at no additional cost to the standard resource price.
We can also work with you to contextualise resources on your behalf. Talk to us today to find the best solution for you - for both hardcopy and online resources.
To find out more about how smallprint can support RTOs, please call us on 08 8275 9300, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about how Catapult eLearning can support RTOs, please call us on 08 8275 9380, or email email@example.com.