Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Unit Information about the HLTINF001 training material in this resource
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks.
This unit applies to individuals working in health and direct client care contexts.
Unit mapping information
No equivalent unit
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Foundation skills essential to performance are explicit in the performance criteria of this unit of competency.
Unit sector or competency field
Prerequisite, co-requisite or interdependent assessment of units
Skills must have been demonstrated in the workplace with the addition of simulations and scenarios where the full range of contexts and situations have not been provided in the workplace or may occur only rarely.
The following conditions must be met for this unit:
- use of suitable facilities, equipment and resources, including:
- organisational infection prevention and control guidelines
- personal protective equipment
- hand hygiene facilities and equipment
- medical or client care equipment relevant to the workplace
- clinical and other waste and waste disposal equipment
- areas for cleaning
- equipment for cleaning, including sterilised sharps if relevant to role
- modelling of industry operating conditions, including integration of problem solving activities to which the candidate responds
Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015/AQTF mandatory competency requirements for assessors.